House & Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Nice N Ripe Release

+3
True
luvinLou
Admin
7 posters

Go down

New Nice N Ripe Release Empty New Nice N Ripe Release

Post  Admin Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Been really feeling Grants New Bits on the jacking/bumpy vibe again

what you guys think?

Admin
Admin

https://houseandgarageforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Nice N Ripe Release Empty Re: New Nice N Ripe Release

Post  luvinLou Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:47 am

excellent release from grant . . hope we don't have to wait too long for NNR-202

i'm also very curious to see who else is going to contribute to 'the rebirth' producer wise ...
luvinLou
luvinLou

http://www.exquisit-promotions.de

Back to top Go down

Post  True Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 am

I been slack on getting this, where was it available again?

True

Back to top Go down

Post  luvinLou Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:49 am

luvinLou
luvinLou

http://www.exquisit-promotions.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Ram Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:50 am

Hope Grant puts this out on vinyl.

Or will have to wait a while for it until i get my Serato and Mac Sad

Johnny Ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Alessandro Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:12 am

Grant is the MAN.
Alessandro
Alessandro

http://www.myspace.com/alessandro141986

Back to top Go down

Post  True Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:47 am

would love to see some new bump n flex bits come out

True

Back to top Go down

Post  Phonetix Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:39 am

Johnny Ram wrote:Hope Grant puts this out on vinyl.
Unless he likes losing money, I doubt he'll do that mate (that's not to say the tunes aren't good enough to sell; just that you're one of about 50-100 people who's actualy still willing to part with cash for Garage vinyl!).

Shocking, but true.
Sad
Phonetix
Phonetix

http://www.myspace.com/phonetixuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Ram Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:50 am

Your forgetting that this will appeal to house heads as well as UK G heads mate.

Vinyl still sells (even tho it aint as much as before) as i'm out and about and still pick up house/dubstep bits most weeks on vinyl at blackmarket and vinyl junkies in soho and it's still busy in there.

Matt Jam and Scott Tonic put out there Happy People track and it sold out and is getting a repress.

Think you lot in UK G need to get over this hang up that vinly don't sell no more.

If the tune is GOOD AND PROMOTED WELL THEN IT WILL SELL WHICH I CAN SEE IS LACKING WITH MOST NEW UK G ON THE PROMOTION SIDE OF THINGS (NO ONE KNOWS AKA JOE PUBLIC, THAT IT'S STILL ABOUT!!).

Can see if Grant releases 500 that it will sell (AND QUICK!!).

Heard that Eric Pryd's last track sold pretty well on VINYL TOO!!

GET OVER IT GUYS AND GET YOUR PROMOTION AND TODD/TUFF JAM TRIBUTE HANGS OVER PLEASE!!

Johnny Ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Phonetix Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Chill Row, wasn't a personal dig or me trying to be negative - lord knows that's completely not how I wanted to come across!

Was just making the observation from experience that over the last year or two UKG sales have plummetted. Two/three years ago I was involved with a label which was regularly shifting 800-1000 units; & my last few releases have struggled to sell 100+. My music certainly hasn't gotten worse (although I may have changed direction slightly), so I think that says something. Add to that the fact that I could name at least 2 or 3 releases from big producers of yesteryear which have completely flopped in a similar manner, & I think that goes some way to proving vinyl sales in UKG just ain't what they used to be.

Things may be different in the House scene, & I sincerely hope that if Grant did decide to press this EP that some of those heads would jump on it & it would need a repress. I just wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. There's a reason why releases have been few & far between lately - people don't wanna pay to press up 300s if they're only gonna shift 100 or so units. You may be right - that may be down to promotion (personally I suspect there's more to it than that...), but I stand by my point - the vast majority of people making Garage would be silly to pump money into something so uncertain at the minute. Especially when you consider the amount of shops/outlets, distributors & pressing plants that are struggling & going out of business at the minute.

If anyone can put out a vinyl that will sell it's Grant. But I wouldn't chance it if I was him. Garage just seems to be an uncertain thing at the minute - look at the whole fiasco with mp3s as an example of that. There's was a good year or two of moaning on a certain other forum about the lack of releases available digitally... then when people got together & sorted that problem out a lot of those same people who'd been having a whinge didn't bother copping the mp3s. WTF is up with that?

Anyway, I diagress - but the point I was trying to make was that it's not simply a case of 'getting over it' no more. If Grant sent a Garagey tune he'd made to some of the House heads he could probably drum up some support off the back of the fact he has a massive following alone, but for many of the 'new' lot it'd be difficult to get anyone outside the small UKG circle listening in the first place - so getting that promotion in isn't as simple as it might seem. I sent a load of promotional CDs to Radio One a year or so back fao the usual suspects (Tong, Mary Anne Hobbs, Annie Mac etc.), & I don't think said CDs even made it to the DJs, as that same week they were available to bid for on ebay. & most big names like that don't even check their myspace messages, or have management that do it for them & then don't reply when you send messages asking where to send tunes... so how can someone small-time like me go about promoting my material to those DJs outside of UKG? Play on Subjam & various pirates up & down the country isn't enough to secure sales & if we can't get others on the case then what is the way forward?
Phonetix
Phonetix

http://www.myspace.com/phonetixuk

Back to top Go down

Post  LYNCHY Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Johnny Ram wrote:Hope Grant puts this out on vinyl.

I second that- A vinyl release would DEFINATELY sell- I'll have TWO!!!
LYNCHY
LYNCHY

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Ram Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:55 pm

I know you wasn't having a dig or being negative - i'm just v.passionate when it comes to stuff like this.

I think all of us know that UKG sales aint as good as they used to be and i don't think it's anything to do with the quality of the music to a point (as a lot of it is good). But down to what i keep saying - LACK OF PROMOTION and also the fact that the name UK G had been tarnised and bastardised so much that people don't really know what it is anymore cos of all the hybrids that have come from it plus all the negative media spin.

Don't help that most of the stuff, while good, only appeals to the more in depth UK G / House and Garage fan with it's dubby soulful 4/4 vybes and most of the people who like that have gone back into house or moved on to something else.

Just saw that Wookie has finally put out Gallium on vinyl and that has been about for time

I'm sure he knows that he will definatley get his money back on it so your right that things are different on the House side of things and that there are still hardcore lovers of the vinyl buying tracks no matter how pricey.

Grant's new EP WOULD EASILY sell in my view as it wouldn't only appeal to the UK G sound BUT before the name UK G exsited NICE AND RIPE was a name that was known in the house scene (you just need to look at the facebook/myspace groups to see that there is a huge following for there stuff).

Again big guns like Wookie, Louie Vega, Kenny Dope still drop stuff on vinyl even if it's only one pressing (heck even house legend Ron Trent only puts stuff out on vinyl so that says something as it sells proper when it comes out).

As for us lot who arent as big as those guys i've been on about - take a look at how Dubstep and DnB/Jungle are still doing there thang. Both have a lot of artists that are not so major in there sound BUT they still get there tunes out on vinyl and if it's good it sells well. The have something which us lot are lacking right now which is UNITY (ALONG WITH THE PROMTIONING OF OUR BEATS!!).

We defo have to be MORE UNITED with stuff that comes out and make sure that our OWN network of heads know that tunes are out to buy and to get them supporting it (too many people i know say that they DIDN'T even know that NU UK G is being made) as well as getting mixes out to the public that will showcase our stuff without the fear of people worried about it being bootleged (no point of worrying about that nowadays with the way things are now tho).

As for the MP3 thing i agree with you that, that is a load of rubbish that people do that (we seem to have a lot of people in our sound that want something for free and that has to STOP!!).

The ego's have to go too as NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN ANYONE FULL STOP and doesn't help us in the long run as has been proven!!.

We need to BE OUR OWN PROMOTION TEAM and so far we have failed on that scale big time.

We can't just rely on UK Flava and 4TF to be the only nights that rep what we do (and both of them are out of London). Do remember that Da Phuture and cru did Next Up London nights which was v.promising until it stopped (more please from anyone else - even if it's just lil night to showcase new beats).

I did do my own events too to help and will be doing so again in the future (support or no support from the forums etc).

WE NEED MORE TO COME TRU AND BE SUPPORTED SO A BUZZ ABOUT THE SOUND AND OUR TRACKS CAN BE HEARD AGAIN - EVEN IF IT'S A SAUSAGE FEST AT FIRST (REMEMBER FWD WASN'T A GIRL HAVEN WHEN IT FIRST STARTED OUT AND ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!!).

WE CAN EITHER TRY TO SWIN OR BE SCARED TO SINK - RIGHT NOW IT'S THE LATTER!!

Johnny Ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum